Seriously, the best ever....
6 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
2 TBS Betty Brooklyn vanilla bourbon (or use just 1 tsp of reg. vanilla extract)
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
3/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup rum
3 cups whipping cream
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
more freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
- Beat the egg yolk until it is thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg while beating constantly.
- Fold in the brandy and rum.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Place mixture in a punch bowl and fold in the cream and milk.
- Then, Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar and gradually bean until stiff peaks.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture and garnish with the additional nutmeg.
- Finally, taste it, determine that it definitely needs more booze, mix it in, ruin the souffle, whatever, who cares! It's the holidays! Live it up!!