Betty Brooklyn is celebrating the launch of her private chef and catering business by throwing a benefit bash to support BK Farmyards.
What: Benefit Bash with Betty Brooklyn
When: Sunday, April 11th 2010 4:30-8pm
Where: 220 Plymouth St. Suite 5A, BK NY, F Train to York Street
Cost: $20 in advance $25 at the door, 100% of all proceeds goes to bk farmyards. Purchase Tickets at www.bkfarmyards.blogspot.com
Space is Limited!
• Hors d’oeuvres by Betty Brooklyn
• Specialty cocktails by Sister Liqueurs
• Beer provided by Blue Point
• Gourmet goods provided by GRAB Specialty Foods
• Homebrewed kombucha tea spritzers
• Ice sculpture by Joshua Kalin
• Presentation on the bk farmyards and the new Youth Farm at the High School for Public Service.
• Live auction of local Brooklyn goods
• Sautéed spring mushrooms in phyllo cups with Salvatore Bklyn ricotta and tarragon
• Grilled marinated flank steak skewers with chimichurri sauce
• Deviled quail eggs with crispy bacon
• Spring peas in ramp and pistachio pesto with radish slices on locally baked baguette
• Handmade lox on bagel chips with crème fraiche and wild onion chives
• Citrus and beet salad in lettuce cups
• Selection of local artisan cheeses supplied by GRAB specialty foods with dried fruits and locally baked breads
• Crunchy seasonal vegetables with handmade hummus
• Roasted almonds with smoked paprika and thyme
• Cardamom and dark chocolate ganache truffles rolled in cocoa
• Warm cookies and Ronnybrook Farm milk
About Betty Brooklyn
Using the best of New York’s local, seasonal and organic produce, Betty Brooklyn prepares delicious, nourishing meals for people who love food. She also offers personalized private chef classes for individuals and small groups.
About BK Farmyards
BK Farmyards is working to transform a Brooklyn public school yard into a one acre urban farm to be used both as an educational program for the students and a community agriculture project.